In countries without formal recognition of chiropractic the government has difficulty in knowing just where to place the chiropractor. Frequently, all that is required is authentication that your credentials are what they say they are.
A. Once you have applied for a work or residence visa the consular will advise you of which documents they require authentication.
B. This process involves a series of steps:
- Copy your Doctor of Chiropractic Diploma (or equivalent) and the other documents requested.
- Have a notary public certify that the copy matches the original document and that you are in fact the person named on the diploma.
- Then, take the notarized copy to City Hall and have the City Clerk’s office certify that the notary who notarized the documents is in fact authorized and registered to perform such witness.
- Then, take all these documents to the State Capitol to have the Secretary of State verify that the city you had the documents notarized is an official local government within your state.
- If there is no Consulate or Embassy office in your state or province, you may also be required to do the same at the Federal Government level.
- Then, have a letter drafted listing, word for word, what the diploma and other documents actually say. This letter is then translated into the official language of the country of destination.
- Now you can submit your professional qualifications to the proper authorities.